- Ringing the “T.A.C.O.” Bell
- The Importance of Physician Opinion Leaders in Blood Management Programs
- Is it Time for Goal Directed Management of Gastrointestinal Bleeding?
- The Storage Lesion: The saga continues!
- The Heartbreak of Blood Transfusions – Part II
- The 8 Rights of Transfusion Administration
- Some principles of pediatric blood management
- Risky Business? The Relative Infectious Risks of Blood Transfusion
- A Precarious Position
- Cheap and Effective: the Tranexamic Acid Story
Category Archives: Blood Management Awareness & Education
In July, webinar and the
by Dr. Carolyn Burns, Medical Director, Transfusion Services, Strategic Healthcare Group LLC The July supplement to Transfusion, the Journal of Blood Services Management, contains an excellent and quite provocative article surrounding the knowledge of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) … Continue reading
Millions of blood products are transfused each year in the United States–the majority of which are administered by nurses with little formal training in transfusion therapy. While health care resources and the public have focused on the safety of the … Continue reading